ANNUAL WRITERS' CONFERENCE OCTOBER 13-14, 2017
Join authors, writers, and poets at one of the biggest and best writing conferences in West Michigan!
Step away from distractions and demands for a day and treat yourself to a well-deserved break. Get new writing ideas and inspiration. Recharge in the camaraderie of fellow writers — both new and veteran. Share your experiences, expand your network, and help yourself be the best writer you can be.
2017 Conference Overview
Friday evening, October 13
Saturday, October 14
Attendees will choose from 15 different workshops on a variety of topics — true crime story writing, flash fiction, children's literature, poetry, writing tools, and more.
At registration, there will also be an opportunity to sign up for a marketing consultation with Splattered Ink Press. Each consultation includes thirty minutes spent one-on-one with a marketing expert to discuss your marketing needs and goals as an author.
Any questions? Be sure to check our QWSW Conference FAQs.
Keynote Address - Friday, October 13
Making a Difference with Writing
Impassioned spoken-word poets and emphatic performers Marcel Price and Rachel Gleason will discuss the importance of creating partnerships in a community to bridge the gap between artists and organizations.
Following the discussion, Marcel and Rachel will energize the audience with dynamic spoken-word performances. The evening will conclude with an interactive exercise to encourage unity and empathy and to inspire writers and artists to think beyond their own perspectives.
Don’t miss this exhilarating keynote address! It’s the perfect preparation for a day of learning, sharing, and growing as writers, authors, and artists.
15 Writing Workshops
- What’s so Funny? How to Add Humor to Writing.
- Your Story Needs a Skeleton
- How to Get On and Perform On the Air for Authors
- Power Tools for Your Writing Toolbox
- Picture Books: Breaking Into Writing & Illustrating for Children
- Overcoming Glossophobia—the Fear of Public Speaking
- Show & Tell: Finding Material for and Bringing Energy to Memoir
- Journalism 2020: A Fresh Take
- Poetry in Motion: Networking, Community, Collaboration
- Murder in the Stacks: Writing and Selling True Crime
- Turning Family Stories into Fiction
- Supportive Small Writing Groups Motivate and Inspire
- Get Close to Your Readers through Point of View (Fiction)
- In a Flash! Tips for Writing Memorable, Compressed Fiction and Nonfiction
- The IT Factor: Don’t Let Perfection Paralyze You from Reaching Your Dreams
Don’t wait to register for the 2017 Quit Whining Start Writing conference! Do something for your writing self and register today.